Interagency Committee on Administrative Rules (ICAR)
- Secretary of State Information
- ICAR typically meets the 2nd Monday of every month at 2:00 p.m. in the Pavilion Building 5th Floor Conference Room.
- Meetings are posted on the Libraries website and named 'Agency of Administration'.
- Before proposed rules can be submitted to ICAR, they must be sent to the appropriate agency/department's Governor's liason, as well as other agencies and departments affected by the proposed rule.
Proposed Rules can be sent one of two ways:
- Electronically (preferred method): One complete, combined PDF for each proposed rule needs to be emailed at least 10 business days prior to the meeting. OR
- Paper copies: Proposed Rules need to be sent at least 15 business days prior to the meeting. The packet must contain 1 Original and 10 Copies.
- List of names and contact information including email address and Agency/Department of all who plan on attending the meeting. This information is necessary to be cleared through Security. You will need to show photo identification upon arrival and will be issued a badge to enter the meeting.
- Please email proposed rule(s) and contact information to the Office of the Secretary of Administration. If you prefer to send paper copies, please email prior to sending packet of information and mail or drop off packet.
- Melissa Mazza-Paquette (email@example.com); Secretary of Administration, Pavillion Building, 109 State Street, 5th Floor, Montpelier, VT 05609-0201
After the ICAR meeting:
- Once the minutes are finalized, they will be emailed to ICAR members, the Secretary of State's office, and those who provided their name and email address to the Secretary of Administration's office prior to the meeting. The minutes will also be posted here.
- You may use the cover page of the minutes, along with your prospective proposed rule recommendation page(s) from the minutes in the filing for the Secretary of State's office. This will satisfy the documentation necessary to move the rule forward when filing with LCAR (i.e. the "ICAR Approval Letter" required).
Current list of ICAR members:
- Brad Ferland, Deputy Secetrary of Administration, CHAIR
- Steve Knudson, Department of Financial Regulation
- Dirk Anderson, Department of Labor
- Ashley Berliner, Agency of Human Services
- Diane Bothfeld, Agency of Agriculture
- Jen Duggan, Agency of Natural Resources
- John Kessler, Agency of Commerce & Community Development
- Karen Songhurst, Agency of Transportation
- Clare O’Shaughnessy, Agency of Education
Please note meeting dates and times are subject to change.
- January 8, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- February 12, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- March 19, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- April 9, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- May 14, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- June 11, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- July 9, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- August 13, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- September 10, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- October 8, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- November 9, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- December 10, 2018 Agenda Minutes
- December 11, 2017 Agenda Minutes
- November 13, 2017 Agenda Minutes
- October 9, 2017 Agenda Minutes
- September 11, 2017 Agenda Minutes
- August 14, 2017 Agenda Minutes
- July 28, 2017 Agenda Mintues
- July 10, 2017 Agenda Minutes