Information on Reporting Claims, The Claim Process, Requesting Certificates

1.       How would I report a claim?

Claim forms are located in the “Forms” section of this website.  Use the Automobile Liability claim report form for auto claims and the General Liability Claim form for liability (non-auto) claims.  Fill out the claim forms and attach any backup documentation. Scan and email the forms to  You may also call in claims directly to risk management  at 802-828-2899 during regular business hours. Risk Management forwards claims to CorVel.

2.       What should I expect after submitting a claim?

A liability adjuster from CorVel will contact you to discuss the claim and request any additional information needed to assess the claim such as pictures of damages, police reports, medical reports, witness statements or appraisals.  If the claim is denied, a letter will be mailed explaining the reason for the denial and the appeal process.


3.       How would I request a certificate of insurance?

Send a request by e-mail to Breanna Hill with the following information: name of entity requesting the certificate (the certificate holder), reason for certificate, the street address, phone number or email and any specific contact information.


4.       How would I request a review of an RFP, contract or grant to ensure insurance limits and coverage are adequate? How would I request a waiver of certain types of coverage?

Send a request by e-mail to Rebecca White  with a copy of the RFP, contract or grant, the insurance limits and coverage and your question. She will research your request and respond in a timely manner.